Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Wow!

On Sunday, it hit me - I am going to Guatemala! I am going to build houses! I am going to feed children! I am going to build relationships and show God's love! God chose and appointed me to do this incredible thing! It is both humbling and empowering.

Through my friends' and family members' support and giving, I have already seen God's hand at work. I have almost reached my fund raising goal, and others keep telling me they want to support the trip as well. Perhaps the most incredible thing so far has been the change God is making in my Dad's heart. I went on a mission trip to China while I was in college; let's just say my dad was not a fan. . . . When he received my support letter for this trip, he called to say that he knew that I am in God's hands and that he respects my decisions and knows that I live my life to honor God. (Well, I try to, anyway!) That response alone was reason enough for this trip to take place. . . . All that to say that I am amazed and encouraged by the wonderous things God has already done and will continue to do through plain old sinful people that He loves and wants to use to spread His love!